Tuesday 8 January 2013

Lake District Visit

We had a lovely break in the Lake District at the weekend. I have never been before but I would definitely recommend a visit if you get the opportunity, the scenery is beautiful and there is lots to see and do. It wasn't the warmest weekend ever, and the weather was quite dull and foggy but that didn't dampen our spirits. I think my favourite part was eating the most delicious apple pie in a small cafe in Ambleside, unfortunately because we were enjoying it so much we forgot to get a picture!


Me enjoying a boat trip around Lake Windemere.
Me getting rather cold after being on the boat too long! Excuse my maniacal face, I promise I was enjoying myself really!

Fog on Windemere
I liked this swan until it started coming towards me, then I got scared.
Beard experimenting with the Macro setting on the camera.
More views of Lake Windemere
The Lakeland Motor Museum had some absolutely fabulous cars. I fell in love with a 1960s Alfa Romeo



No comments:

Post a Comment