Sunday 10 March 2013

Pyrex & Chrome


I found these pyrex bowls in my local charity shop. I love the fact that they are in a stand which makes perfect for serving snacks at parties. When I bought them, the chrome stand was in a bit of state. It was covered in rust patches and ugly green calcium spots. I had a quick search online and read that wet pieces of aluminium foil act as the perfect abrasive to remove rust and calcium, without damaging the metal itself. Being in a bit of a hurry to try out this theory, I failed to get any decent photos of the before, but hopefully you get the idea from this not so great iPhone shot...



After I spent about half an hour scrubbing every little nook and cranny the end result was fantastic. I also read that you can use this same idea for cleaning up old tap and chrome car parts. It's well worth a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment